Skip to main content

6 Podcasts I Watch While Knitting and Crocheting

6 Podcasts I Watch While Knitting and Crocheting

1. GGmadeit
2. Grocery Girls Knit
3. The Blue Mouse Podcast
4. Stranded Podcast
5. Fruity Knitting
6. Chelsea Purls Podcast
with bonus number 7 at the end

What do you watch while knitting or crocheting? I watch movies, k-dramas, listen to music, watch podcasts or just craft in peace and quiet, it's very calming. I am doing a 4 part series where I highlight a few of my favorite, movies, podcasts, songs and k-dramas I watch while knitting and crocheting.

Kicking the series off with my favorites is Podcasts. 2019 is the year where I really got into the online world of crafting. I've always knitted or crocheted to myself and didn't post anything about it but 2019 everything changed. I have been introduced to some of the most talented, creative and inspiring people online and if I could list them all, this post would be 3 days worth of reading.


In no particular order the first podcaster 

GGMadeit


I love watching Gayeglasspie on YouTube formally known as GGmadeit. She is known for her love for orange, her fun, and raw personality and her honesty. Her confidence in knowing what she likes makes you want to go buy all the orange yarn from every yarn store possible. She has a saying "Live Life On Purpose" and that really resonated with me so much as a young black female living in 2019. It's truly a blessing to wake up every day. You never know what to expect with her podcasts, one moment her words are encouraging you, then you find yourself smiling at how funny she is and before you realize it you click on a video and she's singing. I love seeing her push through obstacles and the fact she's made so many knit garments in a short time. I would love her to collab with a designer and come up with her own pattern maybe something called "The GG Sweater" or "On Purpose".

Her Blog: GGmadeit.com
Her IG: GGmadeit
Her YouTube: gayeglasspie
Her Etsy: GGmadeithand
Her Twitter: GGmadeit
Her Facebook: GGmadeit
Her Pinterest: GGmadeit

Grocery Girls Knit
When I stumbled upon this podcast by Jodi and Tracie, I subscribed immediately because they were so real and had the best chemistry.
They really compliment each other and make you feel like you are a part of the knitting community. Watching them keeps you up to date with all the amazing patterns and events going on. Their podcasts can run anywhere from 50 minutes to 2 hours and I love every second of it. You'll never be bored watching Jodi and Tracie, they make you feel like your catching up with a long-time best friend that you haven't seen in a while. Which makes watching their podcast a very homey and personal experience.

Their Youtube: Grocery Girls Knit
Their Instagram: GroceryGirlsKnit, Tracie, Jodi Brown
Their Etsy: GroceryGirlsKnit
Their Ravelry: GroceryGirlsPodcastJodi, Tracie

The Blue Mouse Podcast
Emily has such a calm and sweet spirit, Watching her podcasts always has me cozying up with a blanket, tea in one hand and knitting needles in the other.





I first found out about her podcast when I was in search of knitwear designers. I am on the journey to becoming a knit and crochet wear designer and I wanted to follow people that where already in the industry I wanted to be in. Her design style is very modern with a unique twist and I love her designs because I am a texture girl and her designs look very intricate for them to be simple designs. Her youtube has so much information and advice for designers that if you want a great sweater pattern her designs is the way to go. I love hearing her talk about her design process as there are not a lot of people who design and podcast.

Her Instagram: thebluemouse_
Her Etsy: thebluemouse
Her Ravelry: thebluemouse
Her Website: thebluemouseknits
Her Youtube: thebluemouseknits

Stranded Podcast
Amy Florence her yarn, her enthusiasm, her socks, her accent






I always look forward to watching her podcast, As a wanna be sock knitter, I'm always inspired by her socks and she dyes and spins the most beautiful yarn. I always look forward to her weather reports and her bright and bubbly personality keep me watching until the end. She is such a bright and beautiful person I love hearing her stories and am always wondering what will she do next with her hair lol.

Her Instagram: amyflorence
Her Website: strandeddyeworks
Her Youtube: amyflorence
Her Ravelry: amyflorence

Fruity Knitting 
They always have informative videos about everything knitting, if you wanted to be inspired and learn at the same time then definitely subscribe to their channel.







Their podcast should really be on TV, the format of their podcast is what got me to subscribe. It was everything I needed and more. Most of the time I love podcasts that don't have a lot of structure and is very free-flowing but sometimes I love to watch a well-structured podcast and this is where I go when I want that. Andrea and Andrew are such lovely people, they introduce you to the most inspiring, unique and coolest people in the knitting industry. Something about their podcast gives me nostalgia I can't quite put my finger on it, All I know is their content is very thoughtful and I appreciate the time they put into it.

Their Instagram: fruityknitting
Their Youtube: fruityknitting
Their Website: fruityknitting
Their Ravelry: fruityknitting
Their Twitter: frutiyknitting
Their Facebook: fruityknitting

Chelsea Purls Podcast
If you want to laugh and cry at how funny Christina, Miriam, and Redbankmike is then you need to subscribe to The Chelsea Purls Podcast. I love how they try to stay on task but end up naturally going off course into hilarious fun and great stories.









I love how they make you feel like you are right there in the shop with them, The podcast begins with redbankmike doing a roll call while Christina and Miriam talk about items on the table, themselves getting ready or random things. Their podcast is anywhere from 30min to an hour and I love watching them while drawing or cleaning but I'm not gonna lie I always end up sitting down and watching because I never want to miss out on the cool yarns, finished projects, wips and other fun things they show.

Their Youtube: thechelseapurlspodcast
Their Website: chelseayarns
Their Facebook: chelseayarns
Their Instagram: Miriam, Christina, Redbankmike
Their Ravelry: ChelseaYarns, Miriam, Christina


Bonus Podcaster


I'm always searching for new podcasts to watch and I wanted to end this post with a lucky number 7. The newest podcast I found is

HG Designs Crochet podcast
The reason I subscribed to Heather from England is that her work really captivated me. I love all her granny square garments and how her projects are so colorful. She has an amazing personality and has such a bright and positive feed.








 She knits, crochets and sews, I found out about her August 2019 when trying to find new podcasters to watch. There are so many amazing makers out there that I'm always in search for some that I might have missed. This crochet and knitwear designer is so talented. I am always in love with all the colors she chooses for her granny square projects being that that's one thing I always struggle on.               

Her Instagram: hgdesignscrochet
Her Twitter: heathergriffith
Her Ravelry: heathergriffith
Her Facebook: hgdesignscrochet

If you made it to the end thank you so much for reading about 6 of my favorite podcasts. I hope you go research them yourselves and I know you'll fall in love and end up subscribing like I did.

Follow me on

Comments